Annual Club Meeting & Fun Fly #4 will be held on Sunday, December 12th @ Lenn Park Pavillion.
- Checkout Paul Beck's new For Sale items!
- For immediate release, notice to Piedmont area UAS pilots.
Reference : 38 deg., 27 min., 33 sec. north latitude; 77 deg., 53 min. 33 sec., west longitude as of 16 hours, 7 minutes Zulu, April 18th 2021.
Please note as a model of determination and persistence that at the place sited and the time indicated, John Gilbert having flown numerous unassisted buddy box flights, did successfully complete, pass and otherwise accomplish his solo check flight on the pictured SIG Kadet. His instructor for this check flight notes his maneuvers and two take-offs and landings were uneventful. Well done, John! Q.E.D.
P.S. there were several witnesses (Photo courtesy of Gordon Collyer).
- Club member Gordon Collyer has shared with us a Write Up on the Electric Conversion of the Muddiman "Flying Machine". Gordon walks us through the steps necessary to do an electric conversion, build, and test fly the resulting machine. This is an excellent read and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
- Jay Zompanti, recently a new member, has completed his solo flight! Jay took some advice from a friend who is a long time modeler in Massachusetts and escaped "COVID lockup" by checking out radio control flying with the Culpeper Model Barnstormers in the fresh air and open spaces of the Lenn Model Airpark. This year’s unexpected fall rainy season and the resulting mud, frustrated Jay's training and caused scheduling delays that he filled with RealFlight simulator time. With the pre-thanksgiving "drought", access to the full runway allowed Jay to complete his landing work and solo flight. He will be moving on now to his first plane, a Horizon AeroScout. Please introduce yourself to Jay and ask about his Massachusetts friend's interesting model aviation background!
- If you are planning on (or thinking about) participating in the FARM Pattern Contest, it is requested that you pre-register on the NSRCA website. Click on FARM Pattern Contest for more info.
- Delbert Mast is the newest CMB club member and successful solo pilot. After some self taught flying and the associated "Gorilla Glue", Delbert found CMB and began pre-COVID-19 buddy boxing in February. After the field dried out from the spring rains and the virus counts subsided, Delbert resumed buddy boxing on Gordon Collyer’s SIG LT-40. After a half dozen or so sessions on the buddy box and several unassisted LT-40 flights, Delbert recently completed a couple of successful solo flights on his own (well repaired) Horizon Apprentice. Well done Delbert! Be sure and introduce yourself to Delbert and say hello when you see him at the field!
- Take a look at John Hunton's latest project! John is building a Vought V-173 'Flying Pancake'.
- The CMB Annual Club Meeting was held on Dec 15th at Lenn Park Pavillion (see photo below) About 10 members were in attendance. After the meeting, Nic braved a soggy field and got a flight in before calling it a day.
- As a pre-curser to the Oct 12th Culpeper AirFest, Nic & Dave hosted a STEM
(Science, Technology, Enginnering, and Math) workshop on Wed, Oct 9th.
(photo courtesy of Kirby Nelson)
- Gordon Collyer and his student were buddy boxing and while they were at it they decided to lower the trees at the north end of the runway a bit. It's a "little" easier to clear the trees now! Thanks, Gordon !!
- Gordon Collyer recently noticed a strange stress crack on his Hog Bipe. He has graciously shared his insight and repair of the problem. It's an interesting read. You can find the ariticle in the Articles & Reviews section at the left, or by clicking Hog Bipe Repair.
- FARM Club member Joseph Szczur participated in the 2019 F3A RC Aerobatics World Championships in Italy. Don Szczur has posted an Update from Italy. Thanks, Don!
- The CMB Buddy Box Day was held on Saturday, May 4, 2019 @ Lenn Airpark.
If you weren't there, you missed a really good time. You can peruse pictures of the event (photographed by club member John Barry) at the following link. This is also available thru the Photo Album link:
Buddy Box Day 2019 (courtesy of John Barry).
- See you at the field...