CMB 2013 Pattern Contest Report
- The Culpeper Model Barnstormers hosted its first fall model aircraft pattern contest on 14 and 15 September 2013 at Culpeper County's Lenn Model Airpark.
- Additional local model flying clubs supporting Culpeper Model Barnstormers' event were the Fauquier Aero Recreation Modelers, Northern Virginia Radio Control Club, and the Prince William County Radio Control Flyers.
- 27 contestants from VA, MD, DC, NC, SC, NJ, and NY participated in the five classes of the competition.
- Participants included two 2013 World Team members, two Tournament of Champion participants, and numerous past and present district champions.
- All enjoyed the quiet, unobstructed, and spacious layout of Lenn Model Airpark and its outstanding Bermuda grass runway.
- Besides the family members that accompanied the participants, numerous visitors from the Culpeper, Orange, Fauquier, and Fairfax county areas stopped by to enjoy the competition and the weekend's crisp and sunny weather.
- Five of the participants dry camped at the Airpark for the two day event. Those remaining participants and their family members not living in the local area utilized motels and restaurants in the Culpeper area.
- A catered lunch for participants was available on Saturday and a contestant cook out was held Saturday night at the Airpark.
- Certificates and prizes were awarded to the top three in each of the five classes. Additionally, two prizes were awarded for the highest percentage of possible scores.
- The Contest was a huge, enjoyable, success and all the participants voted that they want to do it again next year.
Culpeper Model Barnstormers